What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

21 February 2004

The Cat House

I share a house with six other women.



Generally when I say that to people, the response I get is one of incredulity - "How can you stand that?" - "I couldn't do it." - "That would drive me crazy." (What they don't realize is that I was crazy to start with. Maybe this will drive me sane.)



It's not for everyone; it takes a certain kind of person to be able to live in a situation like this. And yes, there are times when it grates. Seven women, seven sets of hormones and issues and neuroses. Seven periods, usually within about a week of each other. There are times when personalities clash, when boundaries are crossed, and feelings are hurt. There were times in the beginning when I wondered what I'd gotten myself into. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, now.



This is more than a house that I share with a bunch of roommates. This is our home. This is a family.



For the women who share this house with me, and who have become my sisters and my support system, I am more thankful than I can say. This site is dedicated to them, with love and gratitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment