What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

12 April 2004

Roadside Oddities

My friend and I were out for a drive on a Saturday morning, and we passed a man walking, and he was carrying one of those dog leashes that rolls up inside a plastic carrying case. We both noticed it - but it was my friend who pointed out that the guy didn't have a dog with him. That didn't even occur to me...



The next day I was out with several friends, driving around looking at houses. During the course of the afternoon we saw: a guy dressed up as a sub sandwich, a real-live bunny rabbit hopping through someone's front yard (this was in the middle of Dallas, TX, and it was Easter Sunday!), and another guy in a chicken suit. I took Rain Man-style snapshots of all three from the car window.



And today, another friend told me about a time when she was stopped at a red light, and saw two guys in cow suits, selling leather furniture (...?) and directly across the intersection from them was a homeless man holding a cardboard sign asking for money, and eating a Snickers bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment