What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

08 January 2005

Frustrated

How do you convince someone they're awesome when they just won't see it?



Somebody did it for me - actually, a couple of somebodies - a few years ago. I wish I knew what it was they said that finally clicked. Maybe it wasn't anything that was said, maybe it was just that even when I hated myself, they still wanted to be with me, and they cared enough about me to put up with all my issues and insecurities. I'm sure there was more to it than that, but I think that was where it started, for me. (And to both of those somebodies: thank you.)



Now I wish I could do the same for my friend.



I wish I could bottle it for you, or just snap my fingers and make it all make sense for you. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you.



Do you honestly not realize how beautiful you are, and that if he doesn't see it he's blind (not to mention a complete idiot???)



No comments:

Post a Comment