What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

24 October 2006

Awake

It's somewhere around 5am, and I've been awake for two and a half hours. Don't know why.



I went downstairs and got a glass of milk, and came back up to play on the computer, in hopes of lulling myself back to sleep, rather than staying in bed, tossing & turning, and ruining my husband's night's rest.



Now the milk is gone and I have a sour taste in my mouth. I can't go brush my teeth because the noise would wake someone up. I'm playing Mah-Jong and doing pretty well at it - I've already beat my own best speed (twice) - and I'm starting to get shaky, but I'm not falling asleep.



I have Green Day stuck in my head (not a bad thing) and my mind is still spinning around the recent discovery that a friend of my husband's has been cheating on her husband - who is fighting in Iraq - with just about everybody in the small town where she lives. I never liked that girl much to begin with...



The alarm will go off in another hour and fifteen minutes; I don't have to work today - just some laundry and dishes to catch up with. Between doing that I can sleep.



It's nights like this, when I wake up with my thoughts racing, that I miss my days of chemical dependency. At least then I had a way to turn everything off and get back to sleep.



Eight more puzzles and I'll get a new rank. This Mah-Jong game is animated; when you match the season tiles for Winter, it snows - and it always makes my feet cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment