What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

25 March 2008

Sample Text

A Disappointing Day


There was no possibility of taking a walk that day. We had been wandering, indeed, in the leafless shrubbery an hour in the morning, but since dinner (Mrs. Reed, when there was no company, dined early) the cold winter wind had brought with it clouds so sombre, and a rain so penetrating, that further out-door exercise was now out of the question.
That's the sample text provided by Typepad in the editing screen, to show what changes to the main body format of your blog will look like, before you view the finished project. I've been playing around with this site's design and color scheme, so I've been in the editing screen for about an hour now. I've been there before, and the sample text has always been the same. It just now dawned on me that I know where that text comes from...


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's from Jane Eyre...surprised it took you, of all people, that long to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org. Best wishes, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete