What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

03 January 2010

Perspectives

Watching the Pixar Shorts with Emily (she calls them "the little movies.") I love their ability to breathe life and personality into an ordinary object, like a desk lamp.

I always admire people who have the ability to look at everyday things in a different way, and to see beyond what is visible. It's a skill I'm constantly trying to sharpen for myself.

Of course, one sure way to force a shift in perspective is to hang out with a small child. We were playing this morning with some of Emily's play food; from the other room I heard Emily tell Ken "You have a donut on your head." In what world, other than the mind of a child, would that statement be made so matter-of-factly?

No comments:

Post a Comment