What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

16 January 2010

Walk The Walk

Been watching Food Network today. They have a new commercial that features Poe's song "Walk The Walk." That was the song (and the album) I had on repeat when I was doing the Batik painting.

I've slacked off a bit the last couple days. There's been a lot of stress, and it's left me feeling a little flat. But I know that if I want to call myself an artist, and really make a go of it, I'm going to have to do some work. I can't expect the inspiration and the ability to just be there when I want it, if I don't put some effort into it. It's a problem I've had my whole life - laziness and lack of discipline, especially with things that come easily to me.

So, new goal: put something on paper every day. Doodle, sketch, draw, paint, whatever. Gotta keep working...or the couch potato will take over!

Walk The Walk

1 comment: