What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

25 February 2004

New Year's Eve revisited

Ok, so I thought I had plans for New Year's Eve. I was going to go over to some friends' house and just hang out...no big deal. I talked to one of the guys, my friend Ethan* - the day before, just to make sure - and he said yeah, he'd call me at such-and-such time and come pick me up.



So the next night, New Year's Eve, rolls around. I'd had kind of a bad day and was looking forward to getting out of the house, so I called Ethan to see if he'd come get me a little early. But he wasn't home - he'd gone to another party. So I got on my cell phone to see what's up, and he said he forgot to call me!



(I don't know if the part about forgetting to call me was supposed to make me feel better, but it didn't. I hate being forgotten about. That's what my psycho-ex used to do.)



The thing is, it wasn't even a date! ...Ok, yes, I have a bit of a crush on Ethan and I would've liked it to have been a date, but facts are facts. It was not a date. It was just me going to hang out with some friends. And I spent several weeks being mad about it, and then I decided it was time to let it go. And yet I brought it up again tonight, to another one of his friends, and now I really wish I hadn't. That was just me trying to get sympathy, by talking about something that doesn't really bother me that much anymore. And that's a part of myself that I really don't like.



So to everyone involved, and to everyone who's listened to me harp about this for the last two months - I'm sorry. I'm going to drop it now, I promise.



*Names have been changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment