What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

19 April 2004

OVERLOAD

My life is running on "essential functions only" right now, and everything's gotten to be just a little too much. I'm tired, not physically but emotionally. This weekend was very, very hard. I learned a lot - cried a lot - and I'm still sorting through what's left of what I thought I knew, or felt, about anything.



I'm trying to write about all this because I know it's good for me to get it out of my brain, but I don't really know what to say, or where to begin, and nothing is making a lot of sense to me just now. And I have a hard time believing that anybody out there really cares that I'm mourning the loss of a friend who isn't mourning the loss of me. Or that I'm having to learn to let go of someone I love (again) because talking to him hurts me. Or that I'm so tired, and so close to a breaking point, that it's hard to even enjoy the good things in my life - like all my wonderful friends, and the new house that I'm about to move into. I love spending time with the other girls, and they really have kept me sane during the last few days, and I'm so thankful for them...but as soon as I get to work, or on my way to whatever I have to do next, I get overwhelmed again so easily, and it's really discouraging. I just want to shut down for a day or so, hide from everybody and everything, and sleep so I won't have to think, and wake up to a new version of reality that's already all sorted out and settled into place.



No comments:

Post a Comment