What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

04 December 2004

Idiot Tolerance

People are getting on my nerves today...



I didn't eat breakfast, and I haven't had any caffeine today, and I'm getting a headache, and I'm starting to lose it.



It's a Saturday, three weeks before Christmas, and I work in retail - what did I expect?



I keep thinking of that first scene in the movie Serendipity - five days before Christmas, at Bloomingdale's New York, and the shop assistant finds a single pair of gloves in the wrong place, and she stops what she's doing, and calmly puts the gloves in a basket, and takes them downstairs to where they belong. I just want everybody to know, that's not what happens!



...and now this lady wants me to wrap her satin napkins in tissue before I put them in the bag. THEY'RE NAPKINS!!!



God, grant me the serenity...



I really don't like writing about my job, and I try not to do it too often. There are plenty of people who spend most of their waking day bitching about their jobs - and there's a great website called iWorkWithFools, designed specifically for people like that. This is not that website. And anyway, I don't work with fools. Most of my coworkers are fun people and I enjoy working with them. My usual state of mind is much more Clerks than Office Space. ("This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers.")



1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't know if I wrote the address right...so here it is again...just in case... www.xanga.com/angrm03
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete