What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

03 December 2004

The Magician

When I first met the Magician, I didn't know who he was.

He didn't look like what I expected the Magician to look like, based on everything I'd heard, or read, or been told. I never saw any magic, so I didn't recognize him; I just knew he was different. And that bothered me a little, but I never knew why.

And I always wondered why I'd never met the Magician, and never seen any magic.

One day, I heard a voice say, You can't always see the magic. Sometimes you just feel it.

Then I realized I had felt it.

Then I realized I could still feel it.

And then I went looking for the Magician again. Only this time I knew who he was...so I found him.

----------------------------------------

Magic isn't always what you expect it to be, and the Magician wears a thousand different faces.



No comments:

Post a Comment