What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

21 January 2005

Angela's Birthday

I went out last night with about a dozen people, one of whom (Angela) is a good friend of mine, and four of the others I’d met once or twice before. Now that’s not usually my scene – I don’t always do well in a crowd of people who don’t already know and love me – but I had a fantastic time! My girl Ang has some very cool friends.









So here are just a few of the highlights:



  • There was a small but intense debate on the merits, and methods, of pickle-juice drinkers.


  • The sister-in-law...was she for real?


  • Kenneth ("Raise your hand if you like Kenneth!") has a new red couch, so he now has someplace to sit while playing video games.


  • The "handsome stranger" from out-of-town kinda reminded me of Justin from Blue October.


  • On the drive from the restaurant to the comedy club, we were assaulted by not one, but two flying doughnuts!


  • There was a whole story-time episode about a girl named Mary*, a Slow Roosevelt concert, and a white thong...but I can't tell the rest of that story for fear of death and torture, at the hands of a bunch of big guys called Sonny.


  • First Chair, Low Brass and the Flag Corps (Band Dorks RULE!!)


  • I still didn't get an answer to my cocktail question.


1 comment: