What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

22 May 2005

Same as ever

Kenny and I played mini-golf yesterday afternoon, and he beat me. Bad. Twice!



Afterwards, we went to grab something to eat, and we ended up sitting at the restaurant for about five hours. (Note: It was fast-food; we did not sit camped out at some poor server's table for that amount of time; that's a very, very bad thing to do, and I hope everyone who reads this understands that.) We talked and talked, and talked - about anything and everything, from family and growing up to politics and current events.



We used to do that all the time. We used to sit in his car all night and talk about everything until the sun came up. We played the soundtrack to Jurassic Park, over and over again.



So much has changed in the years since Kenny and I first met. We've gone our separate ways and come back, two or three times, and we've both traveled roads that we never would have imagined. We've come a long, long way from the people we were then...and I wonder sometimes if we've changed too much, if we've lost the common ground we once shared. That worry has lessened over the past three months, still it's comforting to know that some things haven't changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment