What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

16 May 2005

Summer Reading List?

Jake has a Summer Reading List? That's so cool...why don't I have one?



I will mention, in my own intellectual defense, that I am currently reading Diary by Chuck Palahniuk, and it's intriguing and I have no idea what's really going on, though clearly something is, beneath the plot's surface. Steve Martin has another novella that I want to read, once I remember what it's called and go find it. And I've reserved my copy of the upcoming 6th Harry Potter book...but other than that I don't really have any summer reading lined up.



If anyone has any suggestions for things I ought to read, please let me know.



Or...perhaps I should say, anyone who knows my taste - though my curiosity is such that if a book is recommended to me, I will usually read it. My own favored authors include Nick Hornby, Peter S. Beagle, and Dave Barry...I also like Sherlock Holmes, short stories, Alex Cross and Alex Delaware mysteries, anecdotal essays (a la Dave Eggers, Kate Cohen, or even Maya Angelou), and usually any fiction that features an artist or musician as a main character.



And no, Cassie - I haven't yet read Wicked, but I haven't forgotten it. I just haven't found it yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment