What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

04 October 2006

43 Things

I've made a list of 43 things I want to do in my lifetime. If you look over to the left and scroll down some, it's there.



There's this really neat site that I found recently, called 43 Things, and that's its whole purpose - to allow people to list some of the things they want to accomplish. It tells you how many other people have the same goal, and sometimes you're the only one. You can also do 43 places you want to go, people you want to meet, etc.



When you've done one of your 43 things, you can check it off the list and add something new, or you look at others' lists and tell them "I've done that!" Or you can keep a mini-journal there of your progress and see how other people are doing with the same goal. You can tell it to remind you in a certain amount of time, and your future self gets an email from your past self asking how it's going.



Why 43? I don't know. My friend Angela has a similar list of "1001 Things to do in 101 Days." 43 seemed like a lot when I first started, but then I began to worry about running out of room on my list. They aren't all major life goals; some of them are simply whims that I've had for a while, or current projects that I want to be sure to finish. But it's fun to get it all in one place where you can look it over often, and to see what goals you have in common with other people.



1 comment:

  1. Number 3...I'm shocked you haven't been mastering hollandaise sauce for years now. Michael loves it so we make mom's recipe a lot. You'll mark that one off soon.

    ReplyDelete