What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

10 May 2004

The Harmonica

So I'm standing...oh, maybe twenty feet from the stage, and John Popper - the man himself - is right there! I've tried to see Blues Traveler in concert three or four times, and I always miss it, or I can't get there, or it was last weekend. And now, finally, here I am, and there they are, playing Devil Went Down To Georgia, with John playing the fiddle parts on his harmonica. The song ends, and I'm whooping and screaming along with everyone else...then I look up, just in time to see John toss his harmonica out into the crowd. It lands on the ground, on the other side of the barrier, right in front of me...and I dive over the fence, and next thing I know the harmonica is in my hand! I got a thumbs-up from Ben, on the keyboards - he looked amazed that I actually dived over the fence!



So now I'm the proud possessor of a Hohner "Special 20 Edition" harmonica. And I don't even know how to play the harmonica!



Man, that was a great concert. They looked like they were having as much fun up there playing as we were listening to them. And I tell you what else - Chan Kinchla is getting added to my list of celebrity crushes. That man is hot! And an awesome guitarist. And he wrote Manhattan Bridge, for which I am eternally thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment