What Was I Thinking?

I started blogging in 2003, and for years I used my blog as a kind of open journal. It allowed me to write about the things that were going ...

22 May 2004

To My Friend

One of the best ways to keep from wallowing in my own self-pity is to talk to someone else about what's going on in their life. Luckily, I've been blessed with many friends, so that I have no shortage of opportunities to do that.



One friend in particular has been on my mind today. He told me a few weeks ago that he was going to be going through something pretty rough. A little later, when I asked how he was doing, he said he didn't really know, and that he was beginning to get fed up, with everything.



I'm a "fixer" by nature - if I had my way, I'd be able to make everyone's problems and heartaches go away, or at least come up with an easy solution, on a silver platter. But I can't do that. I don't know what to do about my friend's problems; all I can do is offer myself, as a friend, in whatever capacity I may be most needed. Even though that feels, to me, like I'm not doing enough to help, I know that just being there can be one of the most helpful things anyone can do. I know that because I am always so grateful when my friends are there to lend me their support when I need it.



So, to my friend: I know I've said this already, but I'm here whenever you need me. I'm on your side, and I'm thinking of you often, and I hope everything's going okay.



Keep your chin up, and keep me posted.

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment